Here are some of the reclamation projects that Two Birds has been proud to be a part of
Granary constructed in the 1940’s and dismantled June of 2015. The building was generously donated by the Depaoli family of Cayley, Alberta.
Granary constructed in the summer of 1944 and dismantled in August of 2015. The building was originally a cabin used for the farm hands and then repurposed into a grain storage shed in the 1970’s. In 1991 the building was converted into a storage shed for old building materials and small yard tools. The building was generously donated by Cannon Farms of Millarville, Alberta
Dairy barn constructed in the early 1900’s and dismantled June of 2015. The building was originally in the town of Dinton, Alberta, near the current town of Mossleigh, and was generously donated by the Lawrie family.
Ranch horse barn constructed in the early 1930’s by Jack Duce Sr. and dismantled June of 2015. The building was used as stable for the Duce family trick riders in Granum Alberta and used up until 1981. In 2015 the Duce sisters where inducted into the Calgary Stampede Hall of Fame. It was generously donated by the Jack Duce and family
Bull barn constructed in the early 1930’s and dismantled June of 2019. The building was used as shelters for Highland Stock Farms limousine cattle. It was generously donated by Rob and Marcie Mathews and family.
Built in August/September of 1907 by Olaf Kolstad of Airdrie AB. The barn was used for milk cows, draft horses and hay storage from 1907 up until 1958 when the property was sold to the Stanlake Family and became Airdrie Feeders. From 1958 up until 2012 it had been used as sick pens and for John Stanlakes daughters 4H cow. From 2012 until 2016 it has sat empty with its current state no longer of use for larger farm equipment. It was dismantled in October of 2016 after being donated by John Stanlake and family to be reused by Two Birds Furniture Inc.
Two granaries constructed in August/September of 1950 by the Both brothers of Dinton, AB. The building were used for grain storage from 1950 up until 1998 by the Both brothers and then Laycraft Family. From 1998 up until now they had sat empty and have not been used. They were dismantled in June of 2016 after being donated by Daryl Laycraft and family to be reused by Two Birds Furniture Inc.
In 1990 the LeBlanc family moved to the Foothills, just five kilometers south of Millarville . The Homestead was purchased from Walter Semchuk, who had previously purchased from Percy Bennett. The original owners of the Homestead were Eugene and Jacqueline DePalizieux, who had lived there since 1946. The hip barn's use was mainly for calving, along with raising cattle and horses. The barn was then used for agricultural storage before it was deemed no longer viable. In April of 2019 Two Birds dismantled the barn.
In 1921 the Paul family moved to Dinton and built this hip roof barn for their draft horses used to till and work the land. Adding the lean-to shortly after for the family’s milk cows. Moving into the 60’s the farm was sold to the Suitor family who used the barn for calving, raising 4H cattle and pigs. Then in 1985, the Sanderson family took the building back to its roots and used the building for calving and raising animals for market. In 2000 the barn was deemed no longer usable as all the livestock had been sold. Since then the building has been used for storage of various farm implements until June of 2017 when Two Birds dismantled this building.
Ranch horse barn constructed in 1941 by The Tams family and dismantled October of 2016. The building was used as stable for the Tams family horses until 1983 and than converted in a 4H barn for the kids. As of 1994 it was just a storage shed up until it was generously donated by Richard and Brenda Tams.
Ranch horse barn constructed in 1965 by The Lowrie family and dismantled August of 2018. The building was used as stable, than a foaling barn and than used for maternity ward when the family added a large cattle operation to their ranch in 1991. As of 1999 it was just a storage shed up until it was generously donated by Curtis and Sara Lowrie upon the need for large implement storage for farming equipment.
Horse barn constructed in 1932 by an unknown family and dismantled February of 2018. The building was used as a ranch horse barn until the 1960s and than was turned into a calving barn. The back side of the building was converted and used by the cowboys as a place to sleep and have coffee during calving season while the horses stayed in the main barn. The cattle operation ended in 1995 and the land was sold to a developer and was than leased to George Neufeld to run his cattle on the land until 2017. As of 2017 it was deemed ready to develop and we were contacted by George and the developer to salvage the property and buildings prior to demolition.
Originally owned by George Alexander of Ireland. The Two Dot Ranch officially registered its brand in 1888 and at one time was recognized by many as the largest ranch in the world. Owned by Frederick Perceval, 11th Earl of Egmont, in the 20th century, he lived there until he passed away in 2001. Located southwest of Nanton, this livestock barn was built originally in the 1920's but received numerous upgrades including living quarters for Two Dot staff in 1934. Two Birds dismantled this building in January 2020.